Monday, December 31, 2012

End of 2012

So the end of 2012 is upon us. Things are not really much different in these last few hours of trading than they have been in the last few months.

The Wall Street indices look to be ending the year up overall. That is good news and hopefully some of you are on the receiving end of those profits. I personally count this year as a very good year, with the market up about 12%, I managed a 7% rise in my accounts, ok I wasn't in the really hot stocks I plodded down the middle of the road but I didn't lose out and any year that you can say that is a good year.

Next year I predict a series of stumble.s.

Congress is not doing much over the budget and fiscal cliff and that will add more volatility to the markets, It may also act as a brake on the economy in general so I will be looking for  a bumpy ride in the first half. Early 2013 will possibly look very much like the last few trading weeks of 2012. 

All in all though I am looking at transport stocks still, I still hold and acquire utilities and the top retailers and entertainment stocks look good too.

Bear in mind I am just an average investor, no items in this post or blog should be taken as financial advice, it is my opinion alone and predictions are not supportable as fact.

I wish you all very well for the New Year.

Back to quarter 1 again. Yippppeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment