Sunday, December 29, 2013

Where Will I Be Looking to Invest in 2014

I am still very Bullish on the U.S. economy and am also increasingly looking for an economic boost for Europe too.

With almost six years of an economic downturn behind us, since the collapse of the financial markets in 2008-9.

My theory is that people are innately positive creatures, we cannot remain negative for an extended period. So it seems to me that Europe will pull up more strongly during 2014, and as it does the people of Europe and the United States will slowly increase spending and overall consumption will rise.

As a result of this I am looking to move some of my reserves to consumer goods manufacturing stocks, with a small back-up in European financials.

This is a risky move, but I am only backing my hunch with my "Silly Money" fund. About 5% of my portfolio.

All the rest of my funds are staying in broad market stocks and bond funds with a strong position in rail road companies, I own Union Pacific and CSX stock, these are needed for getting goods across the US to ports for import and export and I also look to consumer staples to hold strong support for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment